Animal Shelters We Work With
We're proud to be a part of the Skokie community, and we always look forward to dedicating our time and energy to helping others. Consequently, our goal is to expand our involvement in the community and provide crucial healthcare services to animal shelters. That's why we've partnered with the following organizations, and hope to add to our list by partnering with many more in the near future:
Offers compassionate care to animals that are abused, abandoned or given up and works hard to rehome them through rehabilitation, foster care, rescue groups and adoption services. You can apply to volunteer with their organization or be a foster parent for an animal in need. To donate, become a foster parent or to volunteer, visit their website.
An all-volunteer, non-profit organization that works hard to foster lasting bonds between people and companion animals, and to make sure that pets find loving forever homes. Along with adopting pets out to deserving families, C.A.R.E. also acts as an educational resource to inform and counsel prospective pet owners. Donations, volunteers and fosters are always welcome, so be sure to apply if you are interested!
How We Help
Animal shelters depend on their community's kindness, compassion and continued efforts to extend a helping hand. Some of the ways in which we help our local shelters include:
- We collect and donate food and other supplies for shelters whenever possible
- Our doctors provide free exams and discounted medical care to animals living at the shelter
- Dr. Dan Markwalder offers a free vaccine clinic and free exams at Evanston Animal Shelter
- Our doctors perform many spays, neuters and other surgical procedures at a discounted rate for shelter pets
- We volunteer our time for various shelter events throughout the year